Volcano Art Prize (VAP) is an annual digital image competition for environmental art organised by The LEAD Group – an environmental health charity [ABN 25 819 463 114 ] – in which 13 winning entries will be chosen to illustrate a Lead-Safe World CALENDAR (which also serves as an Art Prize Catalogue) to be sold to raise money for lead-awareness, and to be donated to individuals and organizations who have raised lead-awareness during the current year of the competition.
- The 13 winners will receive a prize of 5 copies of a colour-printed Calendar/Catalogue in which their artwork is featured (one per month). This prize has a value of $100.
- All 13 winners will have their work printed on the LANDSCAPE orientation A4-sized top half of an A3 page-opening, where the A4-sized bottom half shows a month of the year, in a 2015 catalogue/calendar.
- All entrants’ works will be accessioned into The LEAD Group Art Collection and will have their work archived at http://www.volcanoartprize.com/vap-archive.
- 30 finalists will be given the option to have their own entry, or another entrant’s entry, printed on a Pictureproducts mug – either white ceramic or white plastic – with the VAP logo.
- The Peoples Choice Award will be a Cash Prize of $500.
- The Peoples Choice Winner’s image will appear on the cover of the 2015 Calendar/Catalogue for the 2014 Volcano Art Prize and be archived at http://www.volcanoartprize.com/vap-archive
In addition to the $500 cash prize for the People’s Choice Award, the entry with the most “Likes” will be printed on the Cover of the 2016 Lead-Safe World CALENDAR. Entries for the competition must be uploaded before midnight of Monday 25th August, 2014.
If you haven’t entered Volcano Art Prize for 2014, now is a great time to do so! Win a spot in our 2015 calendar now! Not long to go now. http://volcanoartprize.com